The Following Steps are for Redframe clients with websites Affected By the recent file server outage
If your Redframe website was affected by the File server Outage from March 10, 2016 please read below.
1. If you were unaware that your site was affected then it probably was not. Nothing to see here.
2. If your site was affected but decided to leave things be and wait for the files to be restored. Please check your site to see if everything is as you expect it to be. It should be in the state that it was prior to the file server outage.
3. If your site was affected by missing files and you made edits during the past week please continue reading. As all files are restored we have made a decision to revert the sites affected to the state they were just prior to the file server outage. Any changes that you made in the interim will probably be overwritten. There are a few exceptions to the universal overwrite.
- If you deactivated, changed or added new images to your showcase slider, these changes will remain and will need to be changed manually.
- If you deactivated, changed or added new images to your background slideshow, these changes will remain and will need to be changed manually.
- If you made edits to any of your pages, these will be overwritten and disappear. You might think, “Oh no, what happened to the updates I just made?” If the recent page edits were not a temporary bridge until the files restoration was complete, you can restore the page to the new edits with the revert to a previous version feature: http://help.redframe.com/knowledgebase/revert-page-version/
We sincerely apologize for the frustration that the file server outage has caused to you and we are very thankful for all your patience and understanding.